Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association provides affordable social housing for people aged 55 and above in Portsmouth, Southsea and Fareham.
PRHA owns 160 flats across 11 different sites. The majority of the accommodation is one bed and studio flats. All are conveniently situated near local amenities.
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association is managed by a Voluntary Board of Management, including members of the Rotary Club of Portsmouth & Southsea as well as number of independent members.
Contact us today on 023 9275 4791 or complete an application form and return it to our office for more information
September 28 2016 //
Click on the button below to download an application form.
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association was founded in 1968 and is:-
- Registered with the Homes and Communities Agency No: L0686 as a Registered Provider of Social Housing
- Affiliated to the National Housing Federation
- A Registered Society under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014 No: 18951R
All applicants should be aware that the accommodation provided by the Association is suitable only for those who are capable of independent living.
Portsmouth Rotary Housing Association Scheme Managers perform a variety of tasks necessary to ensure services are delivered effectively to residents.
Scheme Manager duties include:
- Reporting repairs and maintenance requirements of their property
- Advising and supporting residents with rent and service charge queries
- Compliance with statutory regulations with particular regard to Health & Safety
- Regular checks to ensure the correct operation of fire alarms, emergency call systems etc
- Communicating with other professionals such as doctors, health visitors, carers and OT’s
- Encouraging successful social activities
- General advice and support to residents
- Liaising with family members of residents where necessary
There are, however some tasks which the Scheme Managers are not able to undertake, for example:-
- Day to day personal care of individual residents.
- Nursing or other medical requirements. If regular treatment is required they will be happy to advise residents and their families on how to access the service required. They are not allowed under any circumstances to administer drugs or medicines.
- Scheme Managers are not there to carry out domestic chores for residents such as shopping, cleaning, cooking etc although they will endeavour to assist a resident to do these things for themselves.
- Scheme Managers are not allowed to lift residents who have fallen over but will, if required, summon appropriate assistance.
Purpose built sheltered housing schemes have 24hr emergency cover linked Separate door entry systems enable tenants to view visitors at the main front door before allowing access. All flats have fully fitted kitchens, (excluding electric cooking facilities and refrigerator), floor coverings (i.e. vinyl in kitchens and bathrooms and good quality fitted carpets in other areas of the accommodation).
Thanks to a grant from the Big Lottery Fund computer facilities including broadband internet, Skype etc is now available in the communal area of our 4 Sheltered Housing Schemes. See latest News above.
- There are no vacancies at present; however you can still register your interest by completing an application form and sending it to us.